I have read so much about Facon or Tempeh Bacon. So I found a recipe that I could do Here. So I decided to give it a try. If you go to the link, you are going to noticed the recipe will be the same as the one I am writing below. Why? you may ask. Just incase I delete the book mark from my computer. I want to keep this recipe with me.
Later on I will post a picture of the BLT.
Tempeh Bacon, Vegan Facon
makes about 1/2 cup
*a nice stack for 1-2 sandwiches
5 ounces tempeh (2/3 a standard 8 ounce pack)
1-2 Tbsp maple or agave syrup
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
a dash of cayenne
1 tsp liquid smoke (opt’l)
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp thick black pepper
for pan: 2 tsp olive oil
*if you don’t have liquid smoke use these BBQ spice combos:
(garlic, pepper, paprika and onion)
1. Very thinly slice the tempeh.
2. As thin as you can slice it without it falling apart.
3. Combine all ingredients in a shallow dish.
4. Soak tempeh in marinade for 1-2 minutes.
5. Turn saute pan on high, add 1-2 tsp olive oil. Lay the tempeh flat on skillet. One layer only. Drizzle a bit of excess marinade onto skillet-it should be sizzling a lot now.
6. Allow to cook for 1 minute, then flip. Allow to cook for another minute on other side-or until both sides are crisp and browned.
7. Lay cooked tempeh on parchment paper to cool. Sprinkle with black pepper and thick sea salt to taste.
8. For a crisper tempeh bacon, do not pour excess marinade in skillet, and allow all liquid to steam off of pan while cooking.
Let me know if you make it before I do.
Powered by Blogilo